At the School of Health and Social Care we go beyond the theory. Our graduates develop the professional knowledge, critical thinking and industry connections to truly make a difference. We aim to have an enduring global impact on society through the positive influence of our professional and ambitious graduates.
Who we are
The School of Health & Social Care provides a vibrant teaching and research environment for over 2,500 students and 130 staff. We deliver a world class learning experience and undertake pioneering research with a focus on practical and applied results.
The health and social care sector is one of the most rapidly changing and high profile sectors. Policy changes alongside financial challenges are putting greater demands on staff in terms of knowledge, skills and qualifications.
Our nursing and midwifery graduates qualify with official Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration. 99.4% of our nursing students go straight into work within six months of graduating, and they go prepared with both the skills they need to provide great care and a fantastic work ethic.
We offer an exciting portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of health and social care to enable you to meet the demands of clients, employers and this diverse sector as soon as you've graduated. Our portfolio of undergraduate courses include all fields of nursing (adult, mental health, learning disability and child health) and midwifery training.
With our degrees in pre-registration nursing professionally accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) as a nursing graduate you will qualify with official Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registration.
- Nursing (Adult), BN
- Nursing (Child), BN
- Nursing (Learning Disabilities), BN
- Nursing (Mental Health), BN
- Nursing Studies (Option Rich Programme),BSc
- Midwifery, BM
- Care of People with Epilepsy, Graduate Certificate
- Psychology, BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Psychology with Sociology, BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Veterinary Nursing, BSc/BSc(Hons)
- Biological Sciences BSc/BSc (Hons) (Part-time also available)
- Biomedical Sciences, BSc/BSc (Hons) (Part-time also available)
- Sport & Exercise Science (Sports Coaching), BSc/BSc (Hons) (Part-time also available)
- Physical Activity & Health, BSc/BSc (Hons) (Part-time also available)
- Sport Coaching, BSc/BSc (Hons) (Part-time also available)