This category contains information on how Edinburgh Napier University manages the administration and progression of our students from admission to course completion, including student support services.
Information about degree programmes offered by the University, including:
- structure and broad content of each programme
- work experience
- language skills
- opportunities for international study
- qualification gained if successful
Recruitment and admissions
This category sets out our admissions procedures and policies which includes information on:
- how to apply
- application policies and procedures
- assessment of external qualifications
- Further Education Colleges
- special circumstances
- general / course-specific entry requirements and 'going rates'
- Student Charter
Fees and charges
This category covers information on tuition fees and other charges to students (for home / EU and international students), including:
- other costs to students (identifying whether these are compulsory)
- payment options and schedule
- available instalment options
- arrangements for determining home / overseas fee status
- appeals mechanisms for fee status decisions
See Courses for course fees for each individual training package and further financial information for our International Students.
Scholarships and bursaries
Information on scholarships and bursaries including:
- scholarships and bursaries available to students
- information on amounts
- arrangements for applications and decisions
See the Matriculation section of Student & Academic Services Intranet pages for guidance on registration and matriculation.
The University's student induction and welcoming arrangements, and procedures for national and international students, including a video message from our Principal.
This category includes information on examination arrangements and procedures including:
- arrangements for examinations
- examination periods/timetables
- examination procedures, including oral examinations
- examination regulations, including policies and practices on breaches of regulations
- appeals procedures
- arrangements for appointment of Examination Boards and External Examiners
Applicants wishing information regarding the names of External Examiners should email us at email@example.com.
- student progression
- access to honours courses
- availability of re-sit examinations
- changes of degrees programme
Learning support provision
Description and availability of the academic and non-academic learning support provision offered by the University. Information on:
- student development and wellbeing
- personal development advice
- services for students with a disability, health condition or specific learning difficulty (eg dyslexia),
can be found on the Student and Academic Services intranet site and on myNapier.
The structure and functioning meetings of staff / student consultative committees or other liaison groups. Terms of Reference and the minutes and papers can be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University's policies on the collection, maintenance and use of personal information about students. The Student and Academic Services intranet and the Data protection information website includes policies and procedures covering:
- the collection, checking, maintenance and disposal of data
- management of the student records systems itself
- the allocation of responsibilities to staff
- arrangements for providing data to HESA, SFC and other bodies with statutory rights to data
The University's policies and procedures for disciplinary proceedings against students, including:
Summary statistical information on disciplinary proceedings and appeals can be requested by email to email@example.com.
This section covers information and guidance about accommodation available from the University including:
- use and range of accommodation
- availability of accommodation
- applications (including online applications)
- letting arrangements
- availability to the public in vacations
Information about awards ceremonies including:
- dates and details of ceremonies for the current academic year
- attendance and ticketing information
- academic dress information
- information on photographs
Procedures for Making a complaint about the University including:
- how to register a complaint
- procedural information on how complaints are dealt with
- procedural information on any internal and external appeals mechanisms
The facilities and services available to our students including:
Student welfare: see Student Wellbeing and myNapier for the availability and range of the University's welfare and advice services, including:
- counselling and other advisory services
- hardship funds
- support for staff and students belonging to different denominations and faiths
Health services: medical support services provided by the University for students and staff.
Careers services: Student Development gives information on the availability, conditions of use and range of services offered by the University's career service.
Sports and recreational facilities: see the [EN]GAGE website for information on sporting and recreational facilities offered by the University's gym.
Relationship with the Students' Association
The legal and structural basis of the University's relationship with the Students' Association including agreements and protocols.
Details of representation on University committees and any funding provided to the Students' Association can be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on the operation and activities of the Edinburgh Napier Students' Association, including:
- code of practice
- list of Officers of the Students' Association
- any other related documents
Edinburgh Napier Students' Association is independent of the University.