Highland Heart Competition
Terms & Conditions
The purpose of this promotion is to give participants a chance to win either:
- A signed photo print from world-renowned photographer David Eustace, worth $750, OR
- a Panasonic Lumix DX7 camera (RRP $499.99).
The winner of the signed print will be chosen first, and will subsequently not be eligible to win the Panasonic Lumix.
Enterthe competition by uploading a photograph in the theme Highland Heart to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, and tagging this with #HighlandHeart and @EdinburghNapier.
Panasonic Corp is not involved in this promotion.
Entries must be received by 00:01 EST on Tuesday 2April 2013.
- This competition is open to residents of the USA aged 16 years or over, except for employees of Edinburgh Napier University, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. Photograph submission is not limited to individuals from this geographic area.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Participation in this competition is free.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. All photographs submitted must have been taken by the entrant, who must be the legal copyright holder of the image. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winner of the signed print will be selected by our chosen adjudicator, David Eustace, once the competition closes. The winner will be notified by comment on their submission on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, by 5pm EST on Wednesday 3April 2013.
- The winner of the Panasonic Lumix "People's Choice" award will be the entrant whose photograph has the most likes on Instagram or Facebook ONLY. Images submitted by Twitter will not be eligible for the People's Choice award. The winner will be notified at 5pm EST on Wednesday3 April 2013 by comment on their submission on Twitter or Facebook.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
- If the winner does not claim the prize by 5pm ESTon Friday 5 April, a new winner will be identified and offered the prize in accordance with the guidelines above.
- We will monitor Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for photographs and comments tagged #HighlandHeart from 9am - 10pm GMT, and 4am - 5pm EST.We endeavour to answer all questions within two hours where possible, however longer response times may occur for reasons outside our control.
- Edinburgh Napier University reserve the right to request proof or carry out checks to ensure that all winners are aged over 16 and subsequently reserve the right not to supply the prize if not satisfied that winners are aged over 16.
- The prizes are subject to availability. The prize as described is available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- The winners' names and towns may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the competition and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Highland Heart Competition Winner, IDEA, Edinburgh Napier University, Sighthill Campus, Edinburgh, EH11 4BN.
- Some entries may be shared on Edinburgh Napier University's own social media profiles for promotional purposes. These will be selected at our discretion. By submitting content to us, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, copy, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create adaptations from, make available, communicate and distribute the content in whole or part and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- While Edinburgh Napier University has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we endorse such social networks or are in any way responsible for their content or availability.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales or by Scottish law if you are resident there. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant UK courts.
- We reserve the right to amends the details of these Terms & Conditions at any time, without prior notice. These terms and conditions were last updated on 14 February 2013.
Promoter: Edinburgh Napier University, a charity registered in Scotland (Registration Number SC018373), Craiglockhart Campus, 219 Colinton Road, Edinburgh EH14 1DJ, United Kingdom.