Designed for students who wish to build on their previous learning and work experience, the course allows you to enter directly into either Year 3 or 4, depending on your prior qualifications.
You may transfer in from another degree course, even if it's from another university, or you may have successfully completed an HND in a related area. Holders of other appropriate qualifications with an underpinning in financial services, accounting or finance will also be considered for entry.
As well as equipping you for employment as an accountant in practice or industry, this course gives you the opportunity to customise your studies to reflect your particular interests and future career aspirations - giving you a leading edge to succeed in an intensely competitive environment.
This is a full-time course studied over two years. You’ll learn by a variety of teaching methods including lectures, tutorials and independent study.
On completion of this course you'll have developed the ability to:
- Structure and communicate ideas effectively, both written and orally using appropriate media
- Use IT and appropriate software
- Research and collate information, using analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret that information and draw reasonable conclusions
- Use interpersonal, communication and other transferable skills to contribute effectively in a business situation
- Exercise initiative and personal responsibility in undertaking tasks, managing time and working in groups
We offer tuition that is supported by experienced teaching staff and strong industry connections. Guest speakers from the corporate, government and financial world add value to the course.
What you study
- Corporate Financial Management
- Advanced Corporate Reporting
- Corporate Risk Management
- Plus three option modules
- Current Issues in Finance
- Plus three option modules
Option modules include:
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Contemporary Corporate Finance
- IT & Financial Services
- Financial Services Risk Management
- Economics of Business Strategy
- Global Financial Markets
Study modules mentioned above are indicative only. Some changes may occur between now and the time that you study.
Full information on this is available in our disclaimer.
Minimum year 3
Pass HND Accounting with grades BB at SCQF Level 8 in the graded unit(s).
Alternative Entry Requirements
You may transfer in from another degree course, even if it is from another university.
Holders of other appropriate professional qualifications with an underpinning in financial services, accounting, or finance will be considered for entry.
English language requirements
If your first language isn't English, you'll normally need to undertake an approved English language test and our minimum English language requirements will apply.
This may not apply if you have completed all your school qualifications in English. Check our country pages to find out if this applies to you.
Our entry requirements indicate the minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students. Competition for places varies from year to year and you aren't guaranteed a place if you meet the minimum qualifications.
If your qualifications aren't listed above, visit our country pages to get entry requirements for your country.
Please note that non-EU international students are unable to enrol onto the following courses:
BN Nursing/MN Nursing (Adult, Child, Mental Health or Learning Disability)
BM Midwifery/MM Midwifery
We're committed to being as accessible as possible to anyone who wants to achieve higher education.
Our admissions policies will help you understand our admissions procedures and how decisions are made.