Welcome to the School of Computing key facts page. Here you will find facts, statistics, highlights and general information for the purposes of marketing, recruitment, presentations, speeches, and social media.
Instructions for use
This information hub is compiled by the External Relations & Communications team and aims to be a comprehensive survey of the university as a whole. If you you have any suggestions on how we can improve this tool, please let us know by contacting our web team.
If you are looking for information on a particular topic, press "ctrl + F" on your keyboard (or "⌘ + F" if you use a Mac), enter your keyword in the box and press enter. Occurrences of your search term will be highlighted on the page.
Shape the world around you.
Based in the second largest city for tech start-ups outside of London, the School of Computing gives students industry recognised accreditations and the crucial skills and to go beyond binary code to shape the world around them. We are experts in cybersecurity, digital forensics, gaming development and creative computing.
Our facilities ensure students graduate industry ready
Our specialist labs include:
• Cisco networking, general networking, and embedded systems for Linux
• Security and forensics and embedded systems
• Games development lab with high-spec PCs
• PS3 development kits and NVIDIA enhanced machines
• Two specialist digital media labs, one with iMac computers, one with high-spec PCs
• Visual Effects lab
• Software available to students from Microsoft, VMWare, iPhone and Adobe
Our students also take work placements at a wide variety of companies to get hands-on industry experience.
Based in the largest city in the UK for tech start-ups outside of London, we give students industry-recognised skills to look beyond the binary and shape the world around them.
- Business Information Systems - BSc/BSc (Hons)
- Computer Systems and Networks - BEng (Hons)
- Computing - BEng/BEng - (Hons)
- Computing - BSc/BSc - (Hons)
- Computer Security and Forensics - BEng/BEng (Hons)
- Computing Science - BSc/BSc (Hons)
- Creative Computing - BSc/BSc (Hons)
- Digital Media - BSc/BSc (Hons)
- Games Development - BSc (Hons)
- Information Technology Management - BSc (Hons)
- Interactive Media Design - BSc/BSc (Hons)
- Software Engineering - BEng/BEng (Hons)
- Software Engineering - MEng
- Sound Design - BSc (Hons)
- Web Design and Development - BSc (Hons)