EU-China Development & Research Centre
The EU-China Development & Research Centre (DRC), based at The Business School, was officially launched in Beijing in October 2003. Since then, the DRC has built up a network of research associates in universities and organisations across China.
The DRC has been designed to facilitate:
- Provision of research services to the business community and public sector agencies in China
- Provision of academic expertise to current and planned research projects based in academic institutions in China
- Provision of consultancy services and advice to private and public sector organisations in China
- Provision of relevant contact information for economic cooperation between the EU and China
- Development of a Network of Partner Universities and other Organisations to facilitate joint research and joint funding initiatives.
The China-EU DRC encourages academic and professional staff to exchange knowledge in research, teaching and curriculum design through academic exchange.
The DRC is involved in a number of one-off and ongoing projects, many of which are collaborative between Scotland and China.
The Centre works in collaboration with a wide range of partner organisations for the various research programmes undertaken. Currently, the partner organisations involved in the Centre are:
- Edinburgh Napier University (Professor Simon Gao)
- Shandong Finance Institute (Dr. Qi Haodong)
- Liaoning Institute of Technology (Professor Wang Jianzhong)
- Beijing Materials Institute (Professor Zhu Runhui)
- Harbin University of Commerce (Professor Dezhang Wang)
- Zhejiang University of Technology(Professor Gengui Zhou)
- Beijing International Technology Cooperation Centre (Professor Wang Qun)
- North East Agricultural University(Professor Guo Xiangyu)
- Zhengzhou University of Light Industry (Dr. Meng Li)
- Sichuan University(Dr. Li Dan)
- Beijing Municipal Government (Senior Researcher, Wang, Lie Jei)
- Research Centre for China-EU Economic Cooperation (Beijing)(Professor Youfu Xia)
- Nanjing Audit University
If staff or students are interested in receiving information on any aspect of the EU-China Development & Research Centre, please email Professor Simon Gao at email@example.com.
If you are based in China and interested in sending a visiting scholar or in receiving visiting scholars from the University please contact, in the first instance, Ms. Sunny Sun at the Edinburgh Napier University office in Beijing at firstname.lastname@example.org.