Arran House is just a 20-minute walk from Edinburgh Napier University, so if you live with us, getting to lectures will be a breeze.
The very heart of the city is a 20-minute stroll away. So the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street (the main shopping area), Edinburgh Waverley train station, and countless other landmarks, are virtually on your doorstep. There’s always something to do or see in your spare time.
Whether you choose an en-suite room in a shared apartment (2-6 bedroom) or have a studio all to yourself, here’s what your rent will cover:
- All the furniture you need
- All your water, gas and electricity paid for
- As much use of the heating as you want (a lifesaver in a coastal town like Edinburgh!)
- High-speed broadband and Wi-Fi
- Speedy maintenance service
- 24-hour security
- Post and parcel service
- Access to the residence laundry room
Safety, Security and Service
All of our properties are National Code assured, managed by a friendly and supportive team, and situated within a convenient distance of the university campus. We understand that as a student, money can be tight and mornings can be daunting, making a short journey to lectures a real benefit. Plus our 50 – 100MB broadband speed and unlimited device connection, included in the rent, makes it easy to keep in touch with what’s going on at home. Arran House is managed by a fun and friendly team with your safety and security our number one priority. We have a maintenance team at the residence so if anything does break or go wrong, our team will be on hand to get things up and running again as soon as possible. Plus our student life and events programme was created with you in mind.
Points to note
Please be advised that there are some differences between an Edinburgh Napier University tenancy and a Student Housing Company tenancy. These include but are not limited to:
- You will be a tenant with the Student Housing Company (TSHC) and not a tenant of Edinburgh Napier University
- You will be signing a TSHC tenancy and there are some slight differences in your obligations as tenant. We suggest you read the TSHC specimen tenancy before applying, to ensure you fully understand their terms
- TSHC runs a tenancy deposit scheme. A £250 deposit will be required when you apply
- TSHC rent payment dates differ. Payment dates are included on the front page of the specimen tenancy
- On move in day, you will collect your key and sign your tenancy at the Student Housing Company
- The contract length will be 43 weeks and weekly rent is £146
- TSHC require a UK based guarantor