The skills gap in the ever evolving IT, Digital and Cyber Security industries in Scotland is widening. Currently 72% of employers in Scotland have reported a lack of technical, practical or job specific skills in applicants.
To enquire about taking on a Graduate Level Apprentice, please contact Scott Killen on 0131 455 2312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Computing has a wealth of experience in developing courses which contain different models of work-based delivery and assessment that fit the needs of industry. We run the largest computing industry placement programme in Scotland, offer many internships and run e-placement Scotland.
Benefits to your business include:
- Bridge the technology skills gap in business critical areas such as Software Development, IT Project Management, Cyber Security and Consultancy
- For Graduate Level Apprentices starting before the end of September 2017, Skills Development Scotland will fund their learning costs for the duration of the course
- Attract new talent, as an alternative to traditional graduate schemes
- Open to existing employees – develop and retain top staff without affecting cost or headcount
- Provide employees a clear development pathway to professional recognition
- No upper age limit and flexible entry criteria
- Suitable for either large businesses or SMEs