Why Edinburgh Napier?
Edinburgh Napier University offers industry informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice to equip graduates for success in today's competitive global job market. 95.4%* of our graduates are in work or further study within six months of leaving.
Our strengths in graduate employability are a result of:
- employability being integrated in our courses and teaching with courses developed with businesses and accredited by professional bodies
- staff expertise and experience in Research and Knowledge Transfer fed back into course development and teaching
- the Confident Futures initiative
- our strong focus on entrepreneurship and enterprise
- striving to create opportunities for work based learning for students wherever possible
Not sure what to study?
Considering a university course but can't decide which one is for you? There are a few simple steps which can help you make up your mind:
- firstly, make a list of your interests and abilities, your strengths and weaknesses and what motivates you. There's no point studying something you don't enjoy, so be honest
- use reputable websites to evaluate your skills and interests to discover what type of career may suit you. The Stamford Test on the UCAS website is a good place to start
- read through our course descriptions and see what appeals to you
- our Career Advisers are available for advice - you can phone them on 0131 455 2929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- come along to one of our Open Days and speak to us!
The University's economic impact
The UK's economy will receive £8.82 in benefit for every £1 we receive from the SFC (Scottish Funding Council)
42% of recorded graduate start ups are from Edinburgh Napier (2011)
In 2012 / 13 the University's export earnings contributed £50.3 million to Scotland's economy (via tuition fees, overseas programmes, research and knowledge exchange income, spending of overseas visitors and students)
92.4% of Napier graduates surveyed were in work or further study within six months of graduating
The University has the fifth best record for accepting students on degree courses from deprived backgrounds in the UK.
Read the Edinburgh Napier University Economic Impact report.
Want to know more?
Visit our video wall to find out what our student say about studying at Edinburgh Napier. Or if you have a question try our Facebook pages where one of our current students might be able to provide the answer you are looking for.