Dr. Rameez Asif is the member of OSA, IEICE and SPIE. He has obtained his PhD degree in 2012 from Institute of Microwaves and Photonics at University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany with specialization in photonics and communication networks.
He is a multi-disciplinary researcher and academician. He gained valuable research experience as post-doctoral/senior research fellow at Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark and University of Cambridge, UK from 2014-1016 on different European projects. His present research themes include but not limited to data networking, IoT, software defined networks, cryptology, cyber-security, signal processing and photonics.
He is working as a Lecturer of cyber-security and networking. His duties include:
1. Module leader of two under-graduate courses, (a) Security Systems for IoT and (b) Applied Cisco Networking (Security/Wireless).
2. Member of the Cyber Academy. It is a leading independent and impartial source of skills and knowledge on cyber-security, supporting Scotland’s businesses and communities to be secure and successful online.
3. Supervising and leading the research projects with emphasis on the design and implementation of the cost-effective Quantum-to-the-Home (QTTH) networks with high secure key rates.
We are always looking for talented and motivated PhD/Postdoctoral candidates willing to join our team. If you have interest in one of the following research themes, send us your resume/CV to discuss the funding opportunities.
1. Quantum Optical Communications
2. Cryptography and Network Security
3. Access Networks and Data Center Applications
4. Optical Code-Division Multiple Access (OCDMA) Systems and Networks
5. Wireless-Optical Communication (UWOC) Systems and Networks
6. Elastic Optical Networks
7. Visible Light Communications
8. Free-Space Optical (FSO) Communications
9. Space-Division Multiplexing Systems
10. Software Defined Networks and IoT