We have a nominations agreement with The Student Housing Company, located at Arran House.
Arran House is just a 20-minute walk from Edinburgh Napier University, so if you live with us, getting to lectures will be a breeze.
The very heart of the city is a 20-minute stroll away. So the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street (the main shopping area), Edinburgh Waverley train station, and countless other landmarks, are virtually on your doorstep.
Edinburgh Haymarket station is only a 5 minute walk away and we’re right next door to Fountain Park which has a cinema, gym, restaurants, trampoline park, bowling… The list goes on!
So whatever your interests are, there’s always something to do in your spare time!
The rent for your en-suite room covers:
- All the furniture you need
- All your water, gas and electricity
- As much use of the heating as you want (a lifesaver in Edinburgh!)
- High-speed broadband and Wi-Fi
- Speedy maintenance service
- 24-hour staff
- Post and parcel service
- Access to the residence laundry room
Safety, Security & Service
All of our properties are National Code assured, managed by a friendly and supportive team, and situated within a convenient distance of the university campus. We understand that as a student, money can be tight and mornings can be daunting, making a short journey to lectures a real benefit. Plus our 50 – 100MB broadband speed and unlimited device connection, included in the rent, makes it easy to keep in touch with what’s going on at home. Arran House is managed by a fun and friendly team with your safety and security our number one priority. We have a maintenance team at the residence so if anything does break or go wrong, our team will be on hand to get things up and running again as soon as possible. Our wellbeing programme is designed to make your stay with us as easy and enjoyable as possible with regular events such as CV workshops, Halloween parties (the Rave to the Grave) and gym taster days to relieve the stress of university.
Points to note
Please be advised that there are some differences between an Edinburgh Napier University tenancy and a Student Housing Company tenancy. These include but are not limited to:
- You will be a tenant with the Student Housing Company (TSHC) and not a tenant of Edinburgh Napier University
- You will be signing a TSHC tenancy and there are some slight differences in your obligations as tenant. We suggest you read the TSHC specimen tenancy before applying, to ensure you fully understand their terms
- TSHC runs a tenancy deposit scheme. A £250 deposit will be required when you apply TSHC rent payment dates differ. There are 3 different options: Monthly; 3 Instalments; or full payment. See the specimen SATs for exact dates and amounts.
- On move in day, you will collect your key and sign your tenancy at The Student Housing Company, Arran House
- The contract length will be 43 weeks and weekly rent is £156
- TSHC require a UK based guarantor - someone over the age of 18 with a full time UK address