Are you looking for a new and innovative way to bridge the skills gap in your business or upskill your workforce?
Edinburgh Napier University has developed Graduate Level Apprenticeships (GLA) in consultation with Scottish business and Skills Development Scotland, utilising our extensive experience in successfully providing work based learning opportunities for our students.
Available to employers in Scotland, GLAs can be used as an alternative route to degree qualification for school leavers, college students and Foundation/Modern Apprentices or as a development pathway to upskill your current employees. The course is fully funded by Skills Development Scotland, so there is no fee charged to employer or apprentice. GLAs are open to businesses of any size, and they have been designed around the needs of industry, so what your GLA learns at university will directly contribute to the success of your business.
Other benefits to your business include:
- No fees charged to the employer or apprentice for the duration of the course
- No maximum age limit
- Courses are designed to meet the needs of industry
- Attract new talent as an alternative or addition to traditional graduate schemes
- Help existing employees gain a qualification, upskilling your workforce without affecting cost or headcount
- GLAs can enrol based on either academic qualifications or relevant work experience (or a combination of both)
- Work based assessment - learning directly contributes to the success of businesses
- Retain top talent by supporting and investing in their career development
- If your business pays the Apprenticeship Levy, GLAs provide a way to reinvest that contribution
Edinburgh Napier University will be running programmes in Computing, Engineering and Business from September 2018 on day release basis.
For more information you can read through our “Information for Employers” handbook, or feel free to get in touch with Scott Killen on 0131 455 2312 or email@example.com.
Find out more about the Apprenticeship Levy.