On this short course you’ll explore and examine financial systems, interest rates, financial markets, financial institutions and modern banking to further your career.
Understand organised financial markets to develop your career in finance.
During this course you will:
- Critically analyse the roles and functions of organised financial markets and financial intermediaries.
- Explore the implications of regulation on financial markets.
- Compare major theories for determining the general interest rate.
- Discuss the reasons for diversification in financial institutions and evaluate different banking structures.
- Compare the main approaches to risk management in banks and financial institutions, and explore the scope and necessity for regulation.
- Critically analyse innovation and globalisation and consider the implications for the banking industry.
- Analyse how banks fail and their influence on the financial crisis.
- Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-14 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two types of assessment (multiple choice questions at the end of each unit, worth 10%, and a written essay worth 90%, submitted in week 14) worth 20 credits.
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at email@example.com