The meetings industry is of huge global economic importance and business events can generate significant tourism revenue for destinations. In this short course, you will learn about the major stakeholders in the business event industry, and how they interact with one another. You will examine issues of supply and demand at all levels, and analyse the impact of events on their destination to improve your international business event management career.
Develop your understanding of how International Business Events can generate revenue.
This course will cover:
- An introduction to the Business Event Industry
- Suppliers, buyers, intermediaries and other organisations
- Planning a business event, staging a business event, and marketing business events
- Bidding for business events
- Impacts of business events
- Current and future trends
- Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-14 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two types of assessment (multiple choice questions at the end of each unit, worth 10%, and two written reports worth 45% each) worth 20 credits.
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at email@example.com