Develop your management skills and organisational strategy on labour relations.
This short course will develop your knowledge and skills to evaluate management approaches to labour relations, recommend appropriate polices and practices, and direct organisational strategy.
You’ll develop your critical insight into employment relationships, the balance of power between different interest groups, and the effect of changing external contexts and organisations on these relationships.
This course will enable you to:
- Develop key management skills and your understanding of how effective labour relations management can support your business objectives.
- Analyse conflict management approaches and understand different perspectives on the employment relationship.
- Understand how employment relationships are influenced by the national and international business environment.
- Evaluate labour management approaches and make recommendations appropriate to different organisations
- Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-14 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two types of assessment (multiple choice questions at the end of each unit, worth 10%, and a portfolio worth 90%, submitted in week 14) worth 20 credits
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at email@example.com