At Napier, you'll have access to:
- more than 1,750 PCs (up to 500 available 24/7 in our two main teaching trimesters) and 150 Macs
- free WiFi connections at main locations and secure access to online services
- a fast, secure internet connection
- specialised software packages including CAD, project management, statistics, mathematics, computer programming and many others
- Microsoft Office
- mono, colour and acetate printers
- scanners and other specialist peripherals
- laptop hire service - from one day to the whole summer holiday
- face-to-face user support for over 70 hours per week
- convenient vending machines that sell other IT essentials
- specialist hardware, software and equipment for loan by students with special needs and disabilities
- exclusive low-priced software purchase schemes for your own PC
Once you have matriculated at Edinburgh Napier University, you can use the University's online student portal remotely, wherever you are in the world, for access to:
- Moodle - the Virtual Learning Environment
- student information webpages
- your own University email account
- secure areas for you to store your files on the University network
- the library system for checking catalogues and reserving books
- your own student records, where you can update your personal records and see your results
- teaching and exam timetables
- online payments
- Napier Students' Association, school and departmental areas
- communications, including University-wide news and events, NSA announcements and school announcements
- MySite: your personalisable web area where you can upload documents and pictures to share with your friends. You can create your own sites to collaborate on projects, set up surveys & discussions, and much more
- curated links to external electronic resources
Our 500-seat Jack Kilby Computing Centre is open 24/7 during the two main teaching trimesters, and our online Student Portal gives you access to your online learning environment from wherever in the world you are.
Our Virtual Desktop Service enables you to login to the Edinburgh Napier University network from almost any device both on and off campus providing you have internet access.
You can always get support over email or by phoning our central IT Support Desk, or in person at one of our computer suites.
When you start your studies, we'll also teach you vital skills so that you can make the most of our facilities while studying with us.
And as part of the wider academic community, Edinburgh Napier University is also signed up as partner to the Janet Network System, which allows you network login access at other institutions - of which there are currently four in Edinburgh alone.
For further information please contact our central support team:
Tel: +44 (0)131 455 3000