As a student you need up to date, accessible computer facilities that are available whenever - and wherever - you need them.
That’s why our 500 seat Jack Kilby Computing Centre is open 24/7 in the two main teaching trimesters, and our online Student Portal gives you access to your online learning environment from wherever in the world you are.
Support is always on hand, by email or telephone to our central IT Support Desk, or in person at one of our computer suites. When you start your studies, we’ll also teach you vital skills so that you can make the most of our facilities whilst studying with us.
Once you have matriculated at Edinburgh Napier University, you can use the University’s student web portal remotely, wherever you are in the world, for access to:
- WebCT – the Virtual Learning Environment
- student information webpages
- your own University email account
- secure areas for you to store your files on the University network
- the library system for checking catalogues and reserving books
- your own student records, where you can update your personal records and see your results.
Across our campuses, you’ll have access to:
- more than 1,250 PCs (up to 500 available 24/7) and 150 Macs
- free WiFi connections at main locations and secure access to online services
- Microsoft Office applications and a fast secure internet connection
- specialised software packages including CAD, project management, statistics, mathematics, computer programming and many others to support your study
- mono, colour and acetate printers
- scanners and other specialist peripherals
- laptop hire service - from one day to the whole summer holiday period
- face-to-face user support for over 70 hours per week
- convenient vending machines that sell other IT essentials
- specialist hardware, software and equipment for loan by students with special needs and disabilities
- exclusive low-priced software purchase schemes for your own PC.
And as part of the wider academic community, Edinburgh Napier University is also signed up as partner to the Janet Network System, which allows you network login access at other institutions - of which there are currently four in Edinburgh alone.