A few minutes' walk from our Merchiston campus, Slateford Road is situated in a quiet residential neighbourhood with excellent transport links and is close to local amenities.
Slateford Road on Facebook here
Opened in 2015, this features single occupancy rooms with a 3/4 double bed and private en suite shower room/toilet. This site also features two-bedroom premium flats. Suitable for Nursing students, undergraduates over 20, and postgraduate students on extended 50-week tenancies.
- 39-week tenancy from 1 September 2017 – 1 June 2018, or
- 50-week tenancy from 1 September 2017 - 20 August 2018
- Standard en suite: £139 per week, total rent for 39-week tenancy £5,442
- Premium en suite: £160 per week, total rent for 50-week tenancy £8,092
- Studio flat: £154 per week, total rent for 39-week tenancy £6,028
- Premium communal areas include a 50" smart TV (with TV license included)
- Premium bedrooms are larger and include an additional seating area with a coffee table
- Mixed- and single-gender flats available
- Comprised of 42 flats housing 217 students
- 30-minute walk or 10-minute bus journey to city centre
Have a look
Take a virtual look inside our Slateford Road accommodation.
All flats have shared, fully fitted and furnished kitchen and living areas with Wi-Fi and 40" wall-mounted smart TVs. There is also a secure bike storage area on each site.
You’ll need to bring your own towels, bedding, crockery, cutlery, pots and pans. You may order a bedding pack online (duvet, pillow, flat sheet, duvet cover and pillow case) when you apply for accommodation. They cost £30, and you pay for this on application along with your £500 advance rent payment.
All sites have central laundry rooms, which incur an additional charge for usage.
All accommodation is non-smoking in the flats and stairwells.
The flats are managed by a dedicated team of accommodation staff including Accommodation Officers and Resident Assistants. Staff are trained to handle all aspects of tenancy management and provide support and guidance to students throughout the year.
Contact details of your Accommodation Officer and Resident Assistants will be displayed on the noticeboard of your flat and at all accommodation site receptions.
We have a 24-hour security service. They can be contacted by phone on 0131 455 6119.
CCTV is installed at all sites and security patrols are carried out regularly 24 hours a day. Security will often be found at the accommodation sites during the evenings and weekends.