The School of Applied Sciences can collaborate on innovation projects to develop future products and services, and provide support to develop evidence for proof-of-concept or innovation.
Whatever your current needs are, we can work with you on a bespoke consultancy or contract research basis to:
- Develop and share research
- Access intellectual property more easily and cost-effectively
|Biomedical Science Research Group
||Microbiology Research Group
||Animal and Plant Science Research Group
Development of Antimicrobial peptide therapeutics for infectious diseases such as Influenza virus, Rhinovirus, MRSA and Dengue Virus
- Drug modifications
- IBD drug development and testing
- Reproductive biology
- Antimicrobial resistance in wastewater treatment plants
- Core testing service for microbiology (Microbial Solutions is our accredited microbial testing company)
- Using fungi grown on waste materials to produce useful items such as packaging and building materials
Use of modelling
- Facilities and equipment hire
- Specialist habitat and species surveying and reporting
- Acquatic toxicity testing
In addition, our our Sport and Exercise Science subject group staff are all research active, with several projects in place with professional sport clubs, for example.
Many projects are interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary and all relationships are bespoke: academic staff can partner with businesses, public sector bodies, other universities, governments and other funders via short-term commercial studies, longer term research projects or pathways such as Knowledge into Practice and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
To make an initial enquiry contact our research and innovation team who can discuss your requirements and put you in touch with the right specialist team: firstname.lastname@example.org