We believe anyone with the talent and potential to succeed should have the opportunity to come to Edinburgh Napier University. We recognise students are individuals and that not everyone's journey to and through university is the same. We have a proud history of supporting our students and are here for you from the beginning of your journey right through to graduation. To find out what we can do for you, take a look at the links below.
Am I a Widening Access Student?
The Widening Participation team works closely with key schools, colleges and other external agencies to promote higher education.
Our team provides information, advice, guidance and tailored support to students from a range of backgrounds. So if you:
- are a young carer
- are care-experienced (have you been in care at any point in your life? (Find out more here)
- attended a Schools for Higher Education Programme (SHEP) such as LEAPS, LIFT OFF, Aspire North or Focus West (full list of schools here)
- have completed a SWAP (Scottish Widening Access Programme) access course
- are a government-recognised refugee or have asylum status
- are from an SIMD20* postcode (find out here - SIMD area 1 = SIMD20)
- are students joining year 2 or 3 of a degree after completing an HNC or HND at a Scottish college (find out more here)
then our Widening Participation team can help you.
If you’re unsure whether any of these applies to you, or if you have any other questions, give us a call on 0131 455 2300 or email us at email@example.com and a member of the Widening Participation team will help you.
*The Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation ranks each postcode in Scotland by factors such as levels of income, health, access to services, crime, employment and education. SIMD20 (sometimes referred to as SIMD1 is the 20% most deprived postcodes in Scotland.