We engage with international partners offering articulation routes to our courses, and exchange opportunities for students and staff to broaden their view of the creative industries.
With over 1,700 students from more than 15 countries studying at our Merchiston campus, we’re a vibrant and cosmopolitan community in Scotland’s creative capital. We’re an outward facing school and believe having an international perspective gives our students, graduates and staff a creative edge. Many of our courses include a European trip, for example our design students recently visited Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin as part of their studies.
Our overseas partners
International collaborations, projects and exchanges are embedded in many courses and the School is engaged in partnerships and exchange programmes with institutions across the world.
Zhengzhou University of Light Industry
- Delivering a BA (Hons) in Communication, Advertising and Public Relations at Hong Kong University SPACE.
- A long-running exchange programme with Zhengzhou University of Light Industry, which includes student exchange and Edinburgh Napier design staff teaching in China.
- Articulation agreements with five Chinese higher education institutions for entry into courses in publishing and journalis.
Screen Academy Scotland managed the international programme ENGAGE which was run in partnership with the national film schools in Ireland, Estonia and Finland. ENGAGE Plus brought together students or recently graduated film-makers from as far afield as China and Canada for five days of masterclasses, workshops and screenings during the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
- A ‘Global City’ student project with Ryerson University, Toronto.
- A festival internship programme with the Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts.
The School offers a number of international exchange opportunities including:
- Trimester exchange opportunities for journalism, photography and film students at Ryerson University, Toronto
- Trimester exchange for design students in Zhengzhou University of Light Industry (ZZULI), China and other international institutions
- Exchanges for music, photography and film students at various US institutions
Find out more about our international exchange programmes which offer students the chance to study in Australia, Canada, China, New Zealand or the USA.
The Erasmus+ programme gives students and staff the opportunity to study, train or teach across Europe. Opportunities within the School of Arts and Creative Industries include:
L’école de design Nantes Atlantique, France
Hochschule München, Germany
Høgskolen i Akershus, Norway
Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Hochschule der Medien, Stuttgart, Germany
Abat Oliba CEU University, Barcelona, Spain
Hogeschool van Amsterdam, Netherlands
Find out more about our Erasmus+ programme.