What are the entry requirements for Electrical and Electronic Engineering?
Our entry requirements indicate the minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students. Competition for places varies from year to year and you aren't guaranteed a place if you meet the minimum qualifications.
Please note there is no year 1 entry for part-time to this course.
Can you go straight into second year of university?
Advanced entry into Year 2 or Year 3 of this course is possible for students with suitable qualifications. See the individual year tabs for more information.
Can I make an appointment with an advisor to discuss further about the admission process?
If you want to get more information on the admission process, please get in touch with the undergraduate admissions team by submitting an enquiry form above.
The University does not sponsor students to study on part-time programmes in the UK under the Student Visa route. International Applicants must therefore have other valid immigration leave to study on this programme.
Minimum Year 2 entry requirements
SQA Advanced Higher
- BBC including Maths and Science (Excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*
- National 5 Grade C in English.
- BBB including Maths and Science (Excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*
- GCSE Grade C/4 in English.
BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3
- DDD (Distinction, Distinction, Distinction) in a related subject. BTEC must include Maths/A Level Grade B in Maths
- GCSE Grade C/4 in English.
- Pass HNC in Engineering Systems, Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering with grade B in the graded unit.
- Must include Engineering Maths 1, 2 and 3.
Technical subjects accepted
- *Physics, Engineering Science, Design & Manufacture, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Graphic Communication, Computing Science, Design & Technology.
If your first language isn't English, you'll normally need to undertake an approved English language test and our minimum English language requirements will apply.
This may not apply if you have completed all your school qualifications in English. Check our country pages to find out if this applies to you.
We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Entry requirements by country
Please note that international students are unable to enrol onto the following courses:
- BN Nursing/MSc Nursing (Pre-registration) (Adult, Mental Health, Child, Learning Disabilities)
- BM Midwifery/MM Midwifery
- All Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
See who can apply for more information on Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
We’re committed to admitting students who have the potential to succeed and benefit from our programmes of study.
Our admissions policies will help you understand our admissions procedures, and how we use the information you provide us in your application to inform the decisions we make.
Undergraduate admissions policies
Postgraduate admissions policies