This course aims to develop your engagement with the scholarship of learning and teaching and with the principles of student-centred higher education curriculum design, delivery and assessment. You’ll explore how people learn and investigate how assessment and feedback practice shapes learning.
As you read around the module topics, you can expect to become increasingly fascinated by the challenges and complexities that underpin evidence-based teaching and learning. You’ll be joining a community of reflective practitioners and together, you will engage in collaborative online learning activities which develop your confidence, skills and experience in teaching.
This course is recognised by Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA) and accredited by AdvanceHE.
Successful completion of the course enables you to be recognised as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Learning, teaching and evaluation of teaching
- Assessment, feedback and student support
- Research and scholarship and the supervision of students’ research
You'll enhance your learning, teaching, assessment and research skills as well as your capacity for academic and reflective writing.
The PG Cert Learning, Teaching and Assessment Practice qualification is an important part of becoming a fully qualified member of academic staff in the higher education sector.
- To introduce students to a scholarly community of reflective pedagogic practitioners
- To embrace an enhancement-led, student-centred, evidence-based approach to learning, teaching and assessment practice
- To inspire career-long continuing professional development in high-quality, student-centred pedagogic practice
- To embed research, knowledge exchange, scholarship and evaluation within the context of academic practice in the digital university
- To facilitate the successful articulation of UKPSF (D2),and the outcomes and values expressed by SEDA.