The University has partial scholarships for self-funding students from South East Asia.
About the scholarship
Students who are from any of the below eligible countries and who are self-funding their course are eligible for a merit-based Undergraduate or Postgraduate Scholarship of £2,000 (GBP) for entry onto a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme in September 2023 or January 2024.
In order to be eligible for this award, you must be:
- domiciled in one of the following countries; Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei and Philippines
- be self-funding your course
- holding an offer to study a full-time bachelors or masters course in September 2023 or January 2024
- Please note, you are not eligible for this scholarship if you are studying a two-year Masters course
Students receiving discounted tuition fees from partner universities or those who are sponsored, are not eligible for this scholarship.
Please note that scholarships are only eligible for the intake of your initial offer. Awarded scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to a later start date. Once you have paid your deposit, you are unable to carry the scholarship forward to a future intake.
The scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be automatically considered for the scholarship and be advised of the scholarship amount you are eligible for if you meet the following selection criteria:
- you hold an unconditional offer to study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Edinburgh Napier
- you meet the eligibility criteria above
- you have made your £5000 deposit payment towards your fees.
There is no additional application process for this scholarship.
Details for your visa
The scholarship amount will be shown on the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) email that we issue for your Student Route Visa application.