At each of our campuses you'll find modern and well-equipped computing resources. You can also access our services off campus from any location or device.
At all our sites, we’ve invested significantly in IT and audiovisual equipment, to provide students with the best learning and teaching environment. For example, our 400-seat lecture theatre at the Business School at Craiglockhart campus has calculated lighting, specialised acoustics, natural ventilation and comfortable seating.
On campus you’ll have access to more than 1,600 PCs and 200 Macs. Opening hours vary, however the 500-seat Jack Kilby Computing Centre at Merchiston campus is open 24/7 during the two main teaching trimesters.
You can access our online systems and resources from any location or device via myNapier, our online student portal, or our Virtual Desktop Service.
You'll also have access to
- free WiFi and a fast, secure internet connection
- specialised software packages
- devices for printing, scanning and copying
- laptop loan service
- specialist hardware, software and equipment for loan by students with additional support needs.
You will be able to use myNapier to access:
- student information webpages
- your student email account and student record
- secure storage areas on our network
- online payments
- MySite: your web area where you can upload documents, collaborate on projects, set up discussions and more.
Virtual Learning Environment
Our Virtual Learning Environment, Moodle, allows you to access electronic teaching materials wherever and whenever you want. You can access lecture notes before or after your classes, check the details of an assessment or find coursework materials.
It’s available 24 hours a day – another way in which our IT and learning facilities back your learning ambitions.
You can get support by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 0131 455 3000 or in person at one of our computer suites.