Advance your analysis, interpretation and evaluation skills to manage financial decisions.
On this short course, you can expect to advance your analysis, interpretation and evaluation skills, enabling you to develop your decision-making and appraisal techniques in financial management.
This course covers:
- Objectives of accounting
- Primary financial statements
- Profit vs Cash, and preparation of cash budgets
- Interpretation of financial statements using a ratio analysis
- Management performance evaluation
- Short-term decision-making using cost classifications
- Capital investment appraisal methods
- Working capital management
- Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-14 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two types of assessment (multiple choice questions at the end of each unit, worth 10%, and a written report worth 90%, submitted in week 14) worth 20 credits.
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at email@example.com