In this short course, you’ll examine and critique the underlying principles of key leadership theories and how effective leaders foster a culture of innovation in different organisations.
Explore leadership strategies to foster innovation in your organisation.
This course will cover:
- Organisational strategy and strategic leadership
- Determining strategic direction with a Mission, Vision, and Values
- Strategic decision-making in practice
- Transformational leadership approaches and emotional intelligence in leadership
- The leader-follower relationship
- Team leadership
- Strategic decision-making in innovative contexts
- Creating systemic innovation
- Authentic and sustainable leadership
- Current trends in strategic leadership
- Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-14 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two types of assessment (multiple choice questions at the end of each unit, worth 10%, and a written report worth 90%, submitted in week 14) worth 20 credits.
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org