Managing projects effectively is a key skill for managers in all organisations. Project management is the application of effective skills and knowledge to deliver project objectives.
Enhance your ability to manage innovation.
This course will provide an introduction to the theory and tools needed to successfully manage projects. Your analytical skills will be developed to think clearly about problems and manage projects from start to finish.
During this short course, you will:
- Analyse the principles, theories and practice of project evaluation and management
- Critically evaluate project objectives in terms of cost, quality and time, and identify how these objectives influence each other
- Explore issues around team building, conflict management and negotiation
- Apply a range of theories and concepts to analyse project management challenges
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of completed projects, drawing lessons for future practice
Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-14 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two types of assessment (multiple choice questions at the end of each unit, worth 10%, and a written report worth 90% submitted in week 14) worth 20 credits
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org