We’ll be delivering all the services you’d expect and continuing to offer an excellent Edinburgh Napier student experience in September 2020.
Here’s a round-up of what you can expect from September:
- Our libraries will be open, so that you can access learning materials to help you during your studies.
- Our library staff will be on hand to help, and there will also be online support and a click & collect service.
- We will have dedicated study spaces available as well as various options for technical equipment to support you.
- You will be able to book a desk, collaborative study space or computer using an online booking system.
- Laptops will be available to borrow for a short period of time from student accommodation in addition to those that we have on campus. We are also looking into options for longer term loans.
- We know how hard this period of adaptation to deal with the Covid pandemic has been and continues to be, which is why our Mental Health and Wellbeing, Careers advice, Finance and other support teams will be available online to help you in whatever way they can.
A social experience
- There will be a range of catering options open on our campuses.
The city of Edinburgh
- First up will be Welcome Week – an opportunity to welcome those of you who are new to our community and to get involved in new activities. We’ll help you find all the services and information you need to succeed, from student wellbeing and inclusion, to careers and academic skills. While this year will no doubt be different from usual, we’ll make sure you get off to a great start.
- And Welcome Week will just be the start of a programme of engaging activities we are planning. We have a dedicated team looking at a range of on-campus and virtual events to make sure you enjoy the broad student experience that you would expect – both academic and social – and that we are committed to delivering.
- The beautiful city of Edinburgh itself remains a wonderful, safe place to live and study. With a higher percentage of green space than any other city in the UK, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of a thriving, capital city but with plenty of space in which to relax and chill. And its compact size means you can easily walk or cycle to get where you need to go.
Find out more about studying from September