Edinburgh Napier University’s Tourism Subject Group is home to cutting-edge research that is internationally recognised and addresses real world challenges.
Our innovative research has expanded the theoretical foundation of key academic topics, influenced policy makers and supported practitioners. We have a wide range of expertise on areas such as, but not limited to:
- Destinations - management, leadership, the welcome destination, networks;
- Cultural Heritage Management - visitor attraction experiences, intangible cultural heritage, World Heritage Sites, museums management;
- Festivals and Events - management, experiences, branding, development, security, impacts;
- Mobilities - the intersection of tourism with other mobilities, such as migration, for future sustainable wellbeing;
- Critical Studies - hospitality, tourism and events, small business