We offer a truly international community of practice
With us, you can enjoy the opportunity to achieve your full potential, whether on campus in Edinburgh or from your home, wherever that may be in the world.
Everyone who studies or works with us benefits from the help of our expert academic staff and our active engagement with many industry partners, whether as an undergraduate or post-graduate student, or in some form of continuous professional development.
Proud of our top 10 rankings
- #1 Modern University in Scotland - The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021 and 2022
- 3rd Modern UK University for Law - The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- 8th University in the UK for Tourism, Transport, Travel and Heritage Studies (6th Modern UK University) - Complete University Guide 2022
- 9th Modern UK University for Business, Management & Marketing - The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- 10th Modern UK University for Accounting & Finance - The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- #1 university for Student Satisfaction in Edinburgh for the second consecutive year - National Student Survey 2020 and 2021
- The Business School scored 87% for overall satisfaction - National Student Survey 2020
The applied School for business
We align our teaching and research to the current and emerging needs of business. For example, around the world, Covid-19
impacted every sector of the economy in 2020 and our staff were active to support business leaders as they managed their response. Discover more here
- including webinars on key themes delivered by senior leaders among our alumni, our academic staff and visiting professors.
Read more about our Industry Links
Research at the Business School has an applied focus, is policy and practice led, and is of both national and international relevance. Our research is disseminated through high quality publications, strengthening both our teaching and professional development activities. Research is focused on three Research Centres - The Centre for Child and Family Law; The Centre for Military Transitions; and The Tourism Research Centre - as well as the Smart Cities agenda.
If you want to learn more about studying for a research degree, either PhD or DBA, and how to apply, the funding and support you can access, and relevant fee information, please visit our research degree page.
Many of our academic staff engage in consultancy and contract research activities and are committed to developing and applying their expertise across a range of applied themes. They maintain close links with industry, through professional body memberships, Knowledge Transfer Programmes, and both Placement and Live Project module supervision. This extensive range of professional experience is drawn upon in teaching.
An increasing percentage of our staff are also involved in research projects and research supervision, with research and scholarship underpinning our programme development activity
Meet our Staff.