A critical care unit with adjoining technology control room
- The room can replicate critical care environment with all accessories available to simulate patient care in a critical care facility
- The control room enables technicians to control the response of the high fidelity mannequins such as SimMan3G to the care being delivered. Vital signs such as heart rate, rhythm, respiratory rate and all clinical observations can be controlled, altered and adjusted.
- Our ventilation system Draeger Infinity V500 for
Adults/Paeds/Neonates is also available.
An accident and emergency bay
- The accident and emergency bay includes a 4-bedded trolley area which can simulate an emergency care setting.
- Trauma mannequins simulating emergency injuries are also provided.
Three clinical wards
- One 6-bedded ward
- Two 4-bedded wards
- All ward areas can be adapted to switch between adult or children's wards.
A scrub room
- Stainless steel scrub sinks
A neo-natal room
- This room includes a viewing platform with a two-way mirror so technicians can control a simulated baby's response. Various equipment and mannequins are available from incubators, resuscitaires to ventilator.
Simulated home environment
- Our Simulated Home Environment for Learning Teaching and Research (SHELTeR) functions as a community home used in line with health and social care integration.
- Dementia and disability-friendly requirements include adjustable lighting, a simulated ageing suit, built in kitchen and bathroom, wet room, bedroom. The room can be adapted for any home environment.
Our technical team can advise on the most suitable setting for your project and assist with the use of our specialist equipment. They are also experienced medical makeup artists and can create realistic injuries including wounds, lacerations, burns and bruising.
All of our rooms are versatile and can be set up to recreate other environments including a birthing suite, outpatient department, community setting, GP surgery and theatre recovery room. We also have a large locker room, changing facilities and reception area and nurses station.