Mass Communications and Media offers a great deal of choice for those students interested in careers in, for example:
- Advertising & PR
- Creative Industries
- Corporate, Brand & News Media
- Marketing Communications
- Digital Communication
It also provides students with the knowledge & skills for postgraduate study in related areas.
The programme will:
- Develop your transferable skills to prepare you for graduate employment, including your critical, analytical, problem-based learning and communication skills
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills to equip you for a career in Mass Communications and the Professional & Creative Communication Industries (such as: Advertising, PR, Branding/Brand Management, Marketing, Media & Digital Content Management)
- Develop your appreciation for academic, philosophical, and professional debates, concepts and theories related to communication
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills to equip you for post graduate study in Mass Communications and the Professional & Creative Communication Industries (such as: Mass Communications, Media, Advertising, PR, Branding/Brand Management, Marketing, Digital Communication and International Communication)
- Enhance your personal and professional growth and develop your interpersonal and networking skills
Gary Lunt is the Programme Leader for all three degree routes. Gary has been a tutor at Edinburgh Napier for 20 years and a Programme Leader for 10 years. Gary has a specific interest in Branding & Brand Management, Corporate Communication, International & Intercultural Communication and Communication Theory.