What are the entry requirements for Business Management?
Our entry requirements indicate both Standard and Minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students. Competition for places varies from year to year and you aren't guaranteed a place if you meet the minimum qualifications.
Can you go straight into second year of university?
Advanced entry into Year 2 or Year 3 of this course is possible for students with suitable qualifications. See the individual year tabs for more information.
Can I make an appointment with an advisor to discuss further about the admission process?
If you want to get more information on the admission process, please get in touch with the undergraduate admissions team by submitting an enquiry form above.
Minimum Year 1
Standard Entry Requirement: BBBB
Minimum Offer Entry Requirement: BCCC
You may be given an adjusted offer of entry if you meet our specified minimum entry requirements within our widening participation criteria, and outlined in our Contextual Admissions Policy. Click here for further information about our entry requirements and admissions policies.
Irish Leaving Certificate
- H2, H2, H3, H3 at Higher Level
BTEC (QCF) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Minimum grades DMM (Distinction, Merit, Merit).
BTEC (QCF) National Diploma Level 3 plus A Level
- Minimum grades DM (Distinction, Merit).
- A Level grade C
- GCSE grade C/4 in English.
- GCSE Maths recommended.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Award of Diploma with 28 points overall with three HL subjects at grades 6, 5, 4.
- Pass at 70% or above with grade 7 in three subjects.
- Grade 6 English.
- Maths is recommended
- Other HNC subjects may be considered for year 1 entry where a C in the graded unit is achieved.
Minimum Year 2
- Pass HNC in Administration and IT, Business, Business & Finance, Human Resource Management, Management (not Retail), Marketing or Marketing Communication with grade C at SCQF level 7 in the graded unit.
SQA Advanced Higher
Minimum Year 3
- Pass HND in Administration and IT, Business, Business & Finance, Human Resource Management or Marketing with grade CC at SCQF Level 8 in the graded unit(s).
If your first language isn't English, you'll normally need to undertake an approved English language test and our minimum English language requirements will apply.
This may not apply if you have completed all your school qualifications in English. Check our country pages to find out if this applies to you.
We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Entry requirements by country
Please note that international students are unable to enrol onto the following courses:
- BN Nursing/MSc Nursing (Pre-registration) (Adult, Mental Health, Child, Learning Disabilities)
- BM Midwifery/MM Midwifery
- All Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
See who can apply for more information on Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
We’re committed to admitting students who have the potential to succeed and benefit from our programmes of study.
Our admissions policies will help you understand our admissions procedures, and how we use the information you provide us in your application to inform the decisions we make.
Undergraduate admissions policies
Postgraduate admissions policies