A 15-minute walk from downtown and close to cinemas, bars, and restaurants, Bainfield is also walking distance from Merchiston and well served by public transport.
Standard en-suite: £179.20 per week, total rent £7,014.40
Studio flat: £197.33 per week, total rent £7,724.06
Opened in September 2013, this development features a single occupancy room with a 3/4 double bed and private en-suite shower room/toilet and a small number of private studios. Suitable for undergraduate students 19 years old and under.
Your stay will be covered by a 39-week tenancy starting between 31 August 2023 and running to 30 May 2024 (Dates depend on block you have been allocated – check rent calculator on Rent and Financial Information page).
- Standard en-suite flats are based on 5-9 students sharing the kitchen/living area but students would have their own lockable study bedroom with en-suite shower room/toilet.
- Studio flats are based on one student having sole use of a bedroom/kitchen/living area with en-suite shower room/toilet.
- All communal lounges include 40" wall-mounted smart TV (TV licence not included)
- Mixed- and single-gender accommodation available
- 117 flats housing 778 students
- Communal social space with TV screens and meeting rooms
- 15-minute walk to city centre
Find your flatmates on Facebook!
What do our residents say?
Every year, we conduct a student survey to find out what our residents think about our accommodation, and look for feedback on areas we can improve. Here's some of the things our 2020/21 residents liked about living with us:
- "Modern rooms and nice bathroom, good location with great transport links"
- "Good facilities in the flats, a big kitchen and living space with enough storage space for everyone and a nice en-suite bathroom and double bed"
- "My flat are the best people to live with. The view from my window is stunning, I get to see the sun set. The accommodation is so close to the centre of Edinburgh and there are lots of transport links on the main road or a 20 minute walk to the train station. The Resident team are always so supportive and have treated us with lots of goodies this term - including an advent calendar!"
- "It is an amazing experience to start university life in student accommodation because you'll meet new people from around the world, you can create new connections and friendships."
- "Flatmates, all bills and repairs included, safety, good location, help available"
- "Good social life, strong staff relations and community"
- "The independence of not living at home is the best, it's also nice living with people who are around your age as you can relate to each other"
How to get to Bainfield
Check out our handy information online on how to travel to Bainfield.
All flats have shared, fully fitted and furnished kitchen and living areas with Wi-Fi and 40" wall-mounted smart TVs. There is also a secure bike storage area on each site.
- Smart TVs (TV licence not included)
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Standard cleaning equipment
- 3/4 size double bed
- Study chair
Some of the things you'll need to bring include bedding (duvet, blankets, sheets, mattress protector, pillows and pillowcases), crockery, cutlery pots and pans, kitchen utensils, towels and toilet roll.
Pre-order all you need for your room!
We've teamed up with UniKitOut to offer you the chance to get your accommodation essentials pre-ordered and ready for your stay. You can order bedding, kitchen and bathroom kits to be delivered directly to your flat, so everything you need is waiting for you upon arrival. Plus, save 10% with discount code NAPIER10. Visit the UniKitOut website for more details.
Please note we do not allow suction hooks, rice cookers, fairy lights and door stops within student accommodation flats and you already have a desk light, ironing board, and noticeboard within your allocated accommodation. UniKitOut are rated excellent on Trustpilot, offer a 100% money back guarantee and offer a free cancellation promise, so rest assured you're completely covered should any of your plans change in the lead up to arrivals weekend.
All our accommodation sites have an on site laundry room. Our Bainfield laundry is provided by WASHCO.
Each wash cycle costs £3.30 and each dry cycle is £1.80 (prices may increase in September 2023). Students do not need to provide their own laundry detergent or fabric softener.
Students and guests don’t need to download an app or obtain a top up laundry card, as it is contactless pay-as-you-go service with a credit/debit card or mobile payment apps. Chip only cards will need to inserted into the payment device.
WASHCO can be contacted by calling 0800 0546 546 or by email. They also have a live chat service on their website.
Heating times vary dependent upon your accommodation site and the time of year. For further information please contact the Accommodation Office on 0131 455 3713 or check out information on living with us on MyNapier.
We provide free WiFi throughout all our accommodation sites. Our WiFi provider is Optify.
Our student portal, My Napier, has full details of what to expect when you're living in Student Accommodation. Visit our Living with Us pages for information on reception hours, flat inspections, maintenance, heating times, lock-outs and lost keys and more.
All accommodation is non-smoking in the flats and stairwells - this includes e-cigarettes and vapes.
A dedicated Helpdesk team are available to report all maintenance and repairs during your stay. Repairs can be logged electronically by emailing FacilitiesServiceDesk@napier.ac.uk or by telephone 0131 455 5000. There is also an out of hours response service for urgent repairs.
The flats are managed by a dedicated team of accommodation staff including Accommodation Officers and Resident Assistants. Staff are trained to handle all aspects of tenancy management and provide support and guidance to students throughout the year.
Contact details of your Accommodation Officer and Resident Assistants will be displayed on the noticeboard of your flat and at all accommodation site receptions.
We have a 24-hour security service. They can be contacted by phone on 0131 455 6119.
CCTV is installed at all sites and security patrols are carried out regularly 24 hours a day. Security will often be found at the accommodation sites during the evenings and weekends.
Have a look
Take a virtual look inside our Bainfield accommodation.