A few minutes' walk from our Merchiston campus, Slateford Road is situated in a quiet residential neighbourhood with excellent transport links and is close to local amenities.
Opened in 2015, this features single occupancy rooms with a 3/4 double bed and private en-suite shower room/toilet. This site also features two-bedroom premium flats. Suitable for Nursing students, undergraduates over 20, and postgraduate students on extended 50-week tenancies.
- 50-week tenancy from 2/3 September 2021 - 22/23 August 2022, or
- 39-week tenancy from 2/3 September 2021 – 2/3 June 2022 (Dates depend on block you have been allocated – check rent calculator on the Rent and Financial Information page.)
- Standard en-suite: : £158 per week, total rent for 50-week tenancy £8,012.35 and 39-week tenancy £6,184.18
Standard en-suite flats are based on 5-9 students sharing the
kitchen/living area but students would have their own lockable study bedroom
with en suite shower room/toilet.
- Premium bedroom: £179 per week, total rent for 50-week tenancy £9,077.35
Premium flats are based on 2 students sharing the kitchen/living
area and shower room/toilet but each student would have their own lockable
study bedroom with a separate seating area with coffee table.
- Studio flat: £174.02 per week, total rent for 50-week tenancy £8,825.30
Studio flats are based on one student having sole use of a
bedroom/kitchen/living area with en-suite shower room/toilet.
- All communal lounges in Standard en-suite and Studio flats include 40” wall-mounted smart TV (TV licence not included)
- Premium communal areas include a 50" smart TV (TV licence not included)
- Mixed- and single-gender flats available
- Comprised of 42 flats housing 217 students
- 30-minute walk or 10-minute bus journey to city centre
What do our residents say?
Every year, we conduct a student survey to find out what our residents think about our accommodation, and look for feedback on areas we can improve. Here's some of the things our 2020/21 residents liked about living with us:
- "Modern rooms and nice bathroom, good location with great transport links"
- "Good facilities in the flats, a big kitchen and living space with enough storage space for everyone and a nice en-suite bathroom and double bed"
- "My flat are the best people to live with. The view from my window is stunning, I get to see the sun set. The accommodation is so close to the centre of Edinburgh and there are lots of transport links on the main road or a 20 minute walk to the train station. The Resident team are always so supportive and have treated us with lots of goodies this term - including an advent calendar!"
- "It is an amazing experience to start university life in student accommodation because you'll meet new people from around the world, you can create new connections and friendships."
- "Flatmates, all bills and repairs included, safety, good location, help available"
- "Good social life, strong staff relations and community"
- "The independence of not living at home is the best, it's also nice living with people who are around your age as you can relate to each other"
All flats have shared, fully fitted and furnished kitchen and living areas with Wi-Fi and 40" wall-mounted smart TVs. There is also a secure bike storage area on each site.
- Smart TVs (TV licence not included)
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Standard cleaning equipment
- 3/4 size double bed
- Study chair
Some of the things you'll need to bring include bedding (duvet, blankets, sheets, mattress protector, pillows and pillowcases), crockery, cutlery pots and pans, kitchen utensils, towels and toilet roll.
All sites have central laundry rooms, which incur an additional charge for usage. Costs are approximately £3.10 per wash and £1.60 per dry, but prices are subject to change. Prices are correct as of March 2021, however prices may increase prior to students arriving in September 2021.
Our laundry contractor is Circuit Laundry. On their website, you can top up your credit and also view which washers and dryers are in use and which are free. The Circuit app is free of charge to use, or you can purchase a laundry top-up card at reception for £2.
Heating times during the colder months are generally 7am-10am and 4pm-10pm (Monday to Friday) and 8am-10am and 12noon-10pm (Saturday and Sunday). These may change throughout the year.
We provide free WiFi throughout all our accommodation sites. Our WiFi provider is Optify.
Our student portal, My Napier, has full details of what to expect when you're living in Student Accommodation. Visit our Living with Us pages for information on reception hours, flat inspections, maintenance, heating times, lock-outs and lost keys and more.
All accommodation is non-smoking in the flats and stairwells - this includes e-cigarettes and vapes.
A dedicated Helpdesk team are available to report all maintenance and repairs during your stay. Repairs can be logged electronically by emailing FacilitiesServiceDesk@napier.ac.uk or by telephone 0131 455 5000. There is also an out of hours response service for urgent repairs.
The flats are managed by a dedicated team of accommodation staff including Accommodation Officers and Resident Assistants. Staff are trained to handle all aspects of tenancy management and provide support and guidance to students throughout the year.
Contact details of your Accommodation Officer and Resident Assistants will be displayed on the noticeboard of your flat and at all accommodation site receptions.
We have a 24-hour security service. They can be contacted by phone on 0131 455 6119.
CCTV is installed at all sites and security patrols are carried out regularly 24 hours a day. Security will often be found at the accommodation sites during the evenings and weekends.
Have a look
Take a virtual look inside our Slateford Road accommodation.