Unleash the power of data to build your organisation’s strategic plan.
This short course aims to show how raw data can be transformed into a valuable business asset. You’ll learn to use a range of tools and techniques for working with data to develop data-driven applications in order to elevate your career.
This course covers:
- Data types and formats, including numerical and time series, textual, unstructured data.
- Data sources and interfaces such as open data, APIs, social media and web-based data.
- Techniques for dealing with text data such as vectorisation, bag of words, word embeddings.
- Supervised Machine Learning approaches.
- Developing and evaluating data-driven applications in Python.
- Students will usually have a relevant undergraduate degree in Computing, but lesser qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants must be a Scottish or EU resident to be eligible for this funded intake.
Due to overwhelming demand we have now filled all available places for January entry.
How you'll be taught and assessed
You’ll be taught online via our easy-to-access online portal to study at your own pace over 10-13 weeks. You’ll complete 1-2 hours of study per day during the course, made up of teaching time and independent study, which you can fit flexibly around your commitments.
You’ll also complete two pieces of assessment (one due on Week 10 and one due on Week 13) worth 20 credits
How to apply
Click 'Apply Now' if you would like to be the first to be notified of any additional spaces, or future intakes. You will need around 10 minutes to complete the form.The Admissions Team will get back to you about your application as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about your application, contact us at email@example.com