We are an ambitious, innovative and inclusive University based in the vibrant capital of Scotland. All our courses are designed in consultation with business and industry to give you the academic and practical skills to succeed.
- We are internationally recognised: in the 2019 QS Stars international university rankings, the quality of our teaching, internationalisation and employability were all officially recognised, with the University scoring five stars in each category and four stars overall.
- In 2015, we were awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for our internationally acclaimed work in timber engineering, sustainable construction and wood science. This is the most prestigious award for the UK higher education sector for the impact of research on business, industry, environment and society – nationally and internationally. This was the second triumph for our School of Engineering & the Built Environment following a previous success in 2009.
- 95% of our undergraduate students and 96.2% of our postgraduate students are in work or further education six months after graduation (HESA 2016/17).
- More than half of our research was rated either “world-leading” or “internationally excellent” in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- We have supported more than 500 student start-up companies and a 2014 report by Biggar Economics named us the most successful university in Scotland for graduate enterprise and start-ups.
- We are the largest UK provider of higher education in Hong Kong, with more than 3,000 students studying there.
The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020