We are an ambitious, innovative and inclusive University based in the vibrant capital of Scotland. All our courses are designed in consultation with business and industry to give you the academic and practical skills to succeed.
- We are the number one university in Edinburgh for student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020)
- We are the top ranked Scottish modern university in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
- We are ranked the number one university in the UK for Film Production & Photography and the number one modern university in the UK for Music, Art & Design, Film & Media Studies and English.
- We are internationally recognised: in the 2019 QS Stars international university rankings, the quality of our teaching, internationalisation and employability were all officially recognised, with the University scoring five stars in each category and four stars overall.
- In 2015, we were awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for our internationally acclaimed work in timber engineering, sustainable construction and wood science. This is the most prestigious award for the UK higher education sector for the impact of research on business, industry, environment and society – nationally and internationally. This was the second triumph for our School of Engineering & the Built Environment following a previous success in 2009.
- 95.7% of our undergraduate students and 96.7% of our postgraduate students are in work or further study 15 months after graduation (HESA 2017/18).
- More than half of our research was rated either “world-leading” or “internationally excellent” in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- We have supported more than 500 student start-up companies and a report by Biggar Economics named us the most successful university in Scotland for graduate enterprise and start-ups.
- Our degrees are taught across the globe in collaboration with our partners, with our most established partnerships in Hong Kong dating back more than 40 years.
- We have nearly 20,000 students studying with Edinburgh Napier across our three campuses in Edinburgh and through transnational education overseas.
- We are an international community with students from more than 100 countries.
- We generate £8.82 for the UK economy for every pound we receive from the Scottish Funding Council.
- Our academics have helped create a new world-class centre of excellence for Scottish mountain biking, protected Kenyan tropical forests and Brazilian tidal crabs, contributed to the battle against cybercrime, and explored tourism's impact on social change.
- In 2014, we celebrated 50 years of learning, having opened in 1964 as Napier Technical College.
- Our Craiglockhart campus is home to the War Poets Collection, commemorating the works of Siegfried Sassoon and Wilfred Owen who met there during the First World War.
- Some of our well-known graduates include BBC broadcaster Catriona Shearer, photographers David Eustace and Colin Baxter, Commonwealth Games Silver medallist Lynsey Sharp and film director Lynne Ramsay.
We're also the top modern university in the UK for...