We attract a large number of international students with around 9,000 students coming to the University from outside the UK. The diversity of our students and teaching staff means that we offer a global view of property, construction, the built environment and engineering, considering developments from a range of perspectives.
We work with global partners who have a reputation for excellence. Together we engage in a range of activities including joint programme delivery overseas, staff and student exchanges, joint research and development, consultancy and training.
We believe that having an international perspective improves graduate employability, enriches the student experience, develops networks and ideas and helps our students, staff, researchers and partners understand and tackle global economic and social challenges.
- More EU students choose to study at Edinburgh Napier than at any other British university
- Almost half of all our students are from outside the UK
- Edinburgh Napier has over 4,500 students studying our programmes in Hong Kong, India and Singapore
- At our international graduation ceremonies over 1,900 students were awarded Edinburgh Napier degrees in 2013/14.
- Together with 2,605 students from across the EU, almost half of Edinburgh Napier students are considered international.
Study anytime, anywhere
School of Engineering students and staff are encouraged to study, work or volunteer overseas though our various exchange programmes.
Through the Erasmus+ programme students and staff can work or study with our partners across Europe.
Further afield, our international exchange programmes offer students the chance to study in Australia, Canada, China or the USA.
Edinburgh Napier is home to over 9,000 students from outside the UK. You can study with for a trimester or your full course, giving you a global perspective in one of Europe’s most exciting, cultured and entrepreneurial cities.
Please visit out International students section for further information.
University life doesn't end with graduation. We have over 85,000 active alumni with associations in Europe, America and Asia including Hong Kong, China, New York and France. Our alumni team arrange and support networking events around the globe to help you succeed.
Stay in touch with us as you progress in your life, studies and career.