Designed for students who wish to build on their previous learning and work experience, the course allows you to enter directly into either Year 3 or 4, depending on your prior qualifications.
You may transfer in from another degree course, even if it's from another university, or you may have successfully completed an HND in a related area. Holders of other appropriate qualifications with an underpinning in financial services, accounting or finance will also be considered for entry.
As well as equipping you for employment as an accountant in practice or industry, this course gives you the opportunity to customise your studies to reflect your particular interests and future career aspirations - giving you a leading edge to succeed in an intensely competitive environment.
On completion of this course you'll have developed the ability to:
- Structure and communicate ideas effectively, both written and orally using appropriate media
- Use IT and appropriate software
- Research and collate information, using analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret that information and draw reasonable conclusions
- Use interpersonal, communication and other transferable skills to contribute effectively in a business situation
- Exercise initiative and personal responsibility in undertaking tasks, managing time and working in groups
We offer tuition that is supported by experienced teaching staff and strong industry connections. Guest speakers from the corporate, government and financial world add value to the course.