What are the entry requirements for Policing and Criminology?
Our entry requirements indicate both Standard and Minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students. Competition for places varies from year to year and you aren't guaranteed a place if you meet the minimum qualifications.
Can I make an appointment with an advisor to discuss further about the admission process?
If you want to get more information on the admission process, please get in touch with the undergraduate admissions team by submitting an enquiry form above.
Minimum Year 1
Standard Entry Requirements: BBBB including English or Literary subject*
Minimum Offer Entry Requirement: BBCC including English or Literary subject* at grade B
You may be given an adjusted offer of entry if you meet our specified minimum entry requirements within our widening participation criteria, and outlined in our Contextual Admissions Policy. Click here for further information about our entry requirements and admissions policies
- BCC including English or a literary subject*
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Grades H2, H2, H3, H3 at Higher Level including English or a Literary subject*
BTEC (QCF) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Minimum grades DMM (Distinction, Merit, Merit) in a relevant subject.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Award of Diploma with 28 points overall with three HL subjects at grades 6, 5, 4 including English or a Literary subject* at minimum grade 5.
- Pass HNC Social Science/Policing Studies/Legal Services with B in the graded unit for year 1 entry.
- Grade M
- T Level must be completed in a Literary subject or A Level Literary subject may be required. Please contact email@example.com to check if you meet the subject specific requirements.
*Accepted literary subjects: Modern Studies, History, Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies, Latin, Theology, Classics, Philosophy, A Level Government and Politics, A Level Classical Civilisation.
If your first language isn't English, you'll normally need to undertake an approved English language test and our minimum English language requirements will apply.
This may not apply if you have completed all your school qualifications in English. Check our country pages to find out if this applies to you.
We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Entry requirements by country
Please note that international students are unable to enrol onto the following courses:
- BN Nursing/MSc Nursing (Pre-registration) (Adult, Mental Health, Child, Learning Disabilities)
- BM Midwifery/MM Midwifery
- All Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
See who can apply for more information on Graduate Apprenticeship courses.
We’re committed to admitting students who have the potential to succeed and benefit from our programmes of study.
Our admissions policies will help you understand our admissions procedures, and how we use the information you provide us in your application to inform the decisions we make.
Undergraduate admissions policies
Postgraduate admissions policies