This course is designed to be flexible and dynamic, allowing learning to be tailored to individual career aspirations. You will have the opportunity for inter-professional learning which can be contextualised to your health and/or care environment.
If you choose not to complete the full master’s degree, you can exit at various points during the course and achieve an award commensurate to the credits accrued.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the main features, boundaries, terminology and conventions associated with advanced clinical practice.
- Apply and use a significant range of the principal professional skills, techniques and practices, which are at the forefront of advanced clinical practice.
- Apply critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis skills to explore and solve complex problems in advanced clinical practice.
- Communicate, using appropriate methods, to a range of audiences with different levels of knowledge in advanced clinical practice.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and make an identifiable contribution to change and development in the context of advanced clinical practice.
- Plan and execute a significant project of research, investigation or development to inform and enhance health and care practice.
What we offer:
- Access to an experienced clinical academic teaching team, many of whom are qualified Advanced Practitioners and/or Medical Practitioners.
- Access to specialist education in neonates, children and young people and mental health, adult acute care, and primary and community care health.
- Excellent facilities with an award winning Simulation and Clinical Education suite. Excellent Student Satisfaction – (90% overall student satisfaction -Post Graduate Teaching Experience Survey PTES, 2019)
- Excellent opportunities to network, access inter-professional education and share learning
- A flexible course with opportunities to exit with an award that aligns to your speciality and service level needs, supported by a portfolio of practice learning.
- Opportunity to acquire and develop many valuable transferrable intellectual, cognitive and practical skills for your role.
There are 4 distinct exit points from the program. Exit with a Certificate of Credit (40 credits), Postgraduate Certificate in Enhanced Practice (80 credits), Post-graduate Diploma in Advanced Clinical Practice (named speciality) (120 credits) and MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (named speciality) (180 credits).