Through this highly technical course you will develop skills in numerical simulation using a variety of advanced software.
You will also learn failure analysis methods, the eurocodes and the code of practice for the design of various construction materials, research skills and the legal issues surrounding construction.
The course is accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) and the Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
Industry practitioners are regularly invited as guest speakers and lecturers.
- Advanced mechanics of materials and FEA
- Advanced structural concrete
- Advanced structural steel design
- Timber engineering
- Geotechnical earthquake and offshore engineering
- Structural dynamics and earthquake design
- MSc thesis